Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Healthy Hair Update!





About 7 months ago, I decided to stop the use of heat and hair dyes and hair products with harsh chemicals that were destroying my natural curl pattern and since then, I never looked back! Since my first post, talking about why I decided to go au naturel, this is my first official healthy hair update! And I have to say.... I am really freaking exciting about it. Let's recap, shall we?


Yesss, ugh. I know. My hair looks horrible not to mention, the rediculous face I'm making haha. But this is the best picture I can find of my hair in its "natural state" during its neglect. Barely a curl anywhere to be found.




Such a huge difference! It's amazing what some patience and TLC will get you. My hair is much shinier and softer and my curls are growing in nicely. Of course, my curls on top are more curly than the ones on my ends because on top is my new growth but look at the difference in even the damaged hair. It actually has a curl pattern again!

I have been trimming it little by little every month or so but a few days ago, I trimmed off some pieces that showed no progress at all, as well as pieces in my bangs area. At this rate, I'm confident that I will have rid of all the badly damaged hair. I'm on my way to a long head of luscious locks, my friends!

xoxo
Melissa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment