Sunday, September 7, 2014

Minecraft: Pocket Edition!



Hello miners and crafters! Ok, so I have a little bit, and when I say a little bit, I mean A LOT-LE bit, of an obsession with minecraft. So much in fact, that when I can't play on my laptop, I resort to my phone! Like, seriously.. It's a problem lol.

The Mojang gang developed a super awesome minecraft app called Minecraft Pocket Edition. I had my doubts on how good the app would actually be but to my surprise, it's really great. Recently they had a major update to Minecraft 0.9 which is their biggest update so far. Now there's infinite worlds! I'm most excited about this because before, when you created a new world, you were spawned at a random location but it was fixed so there was an end to your world. So you could only go so far and do so much until you run out of places to go thus leading to boring gameplay. For added excitement, they've added  caves and caverns, tons of new blocks that was not available before, abandoned mineshafts, new biomes and also villages. You can even play multiplayer with wi-fi! There's also some new mobs like wolves & endermen that have been added as well. Seriously, I'm a happy crafter!

Of course, just like the PC version, you can choose whether you want to play in creative or survival. And you can create multiple worlds so you can explore both options. There are, of course, many differences from PC version to PE (pocket edition) version. There's still no nether world accessibility, many mods are still unavailable, you can't make a boat or a map (which would be SO helpful!!), red stone is still basically useless except to make a compass, etc. The list goes on and on BUT for a phone app, it's pretty phenomenal! They are always working towards making the app better so I look forward to future updates. Definitely the platform that I play the game the most on. 

In the previous update, I had two worlds. One in creative and one in survival. But being that the new update offered infinite worlds, I deleted those and created a whole new one. Here's a few pics of my current world and what I have built so far to survive.








Still a work in progress but it's going pretty well so far, I think! 

I want to point out that I'm not being sponsored at all by Mojang, I'm just so in love with minecraft that I'm sharing the info! Hopefully this will encourage any of you guys to give minecraft a try! The app was anywhere between $5-$8 when I bought it. I'm sure it's still in that price range. Totally worth it. 

Do you play minecraft? If so, what is your platform preference?? PC? PE? Console? Let me know!

Love & Rockets,
Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment